Leave a Gift in Your Will
Leaving a gift in your Will to Bloom Asia, no matter how large or small, is a powerful way of showing your continual support for girls who have experienced significant trauma.
Thank you for considering a continuing partnership with Bloom Asia. Our desire is to welcome more girls to the Bloom program - young women who need a place of safety where they can heal and rebuild their lives. Your ongoing help, both now and beyond, can enable us to continue providing high quality education, safe employment and holistic support for those who need it most.
How to leave a gift in your Will (also known as a bequest)
We recommend that you discuss the type of bequest you intend to make with your family and solicitor before you finalise your Will.
It doesn’t take long to make a difference — a simple Will can take as little as one hour to do.
Types of gifts
There are a few different approaches available when considering leaving a gift in your Will to Bloom Asia:
- Percentage of estate - you may choose to leave Bloom Asia a percentage of your entire estate. This way, as the value of your assets increase or decrease, your legacy will adjust also.
- Residual gift - this is the remainder of your estate after considering your loved ones and all other expenses have been deducted.
- Pecuniary gift - this is a gift of a specific amount, such as $5,000, that you put aside as a gift to Bloom Asia.
Here’s an example of the type of wording to use in your Will which you can bring to your solicitor.
“I give and bequeath to Bloom Asia Ltd
- The residue of my estate (or __% of the residue of my estate), or
- The whole of my estate (or __% of my estate), or
- The sum of $___
for which the receipt of the authorised officer shall be an absolute discharge.”
Let us know
There is no legal obligation to notify us of your intended gift. However, if you choose to inform us of your intentions we can:
- Plan for the budgeting of services we provide to meet the needs of our students and employees
- Provide you with information and updates on our achievements.
Please call us on 0411 278 019 for more information, email email@example.com or fill in the form below. Our team would be happy to answer any questions you have on this very personal and generous decision to leave a gift in your Will.
Leaving a Legacy
Bloom Asia has partnered with Global Development Group (ABN 57 102 400 993) to register for tax deductibility under Project J657 Bloom Training Centre. GDG is an Australian DFAT approved Non-Government Organisation carrying out quality humanitarian projects with approved partners and providing aid to relieve poverty and provide long term solutions. Global Development Group takes responsibility of the project according to DFAT rules providing a governance role and assisting in the areas of planning, monitoring, evaluating and auditing to ensure the projects are carried out to DFAT requirements